As a homeowner in Winter Haven, the last thing you want is to have an inefficient air conditioner sucking up energy and costing you money. To keep your AC running smoothly and efficiently all summer long, here are 10 energy-saving tips shared by the experts providing AC services in Winter Haven. These tips will help lower your bills and make sure your cooling system remains reliable for years to come.
1. Install Smart Thermostat: A programmable thermostat can be programmed to save energy when you’re not home or asleep by automatically adjusting temperatures according to a set schedule.
2. Change Filters Regularly: Dirty filters block airflow which makes the fan work harder. This causes your system to use more energy than necessary. Change your filters regularly to keep airflow unrestricted and increase efficiency.
3. Keep Windows Closed: Open windows allow hot air to enter your home, forcing the AC to run longer and harder than it needs to. Make sure all of your windows are closed when the cooling system is running for optimal performance and energy savings.
4. Consider Insulation: If you have an older house, chances are that it’s not properly insulated which can lead to energy waste as cool air escapes through walls and ceiling leaks. Adding insulation throughout your home will help keep the cool air inside and reduce strain on your AC unit. It is recommended to schedule AC repair near Winter Haven, FL to check for insulation problems.
5. Upgrade from Standard Lightbulbs: LED or CFL bulbs use less energy than standard lighting and last longer. Making the switch to energy-efficient lightbulbs can help you save on electricity bills and reduce strain from your air conditioner.
6. Replace Air Vents: Air vents that are blocked by furniture or curtains can cause an excessive amount of dust buildup which leads to dirtier filters that require more frequent changes. Make sure all air vents are unblocked so that cool air can flow freely throughout your home.
7. Seal Leaks: Check around windows, doors, and other places where cold air may be escaping and seal up any leaks with weather stripping or caulking to keep the cool air inside.
Contact Integrity Refrigeration and AC today at 863-557-4608 to schedule an air conditioner installation in Winter Haven, FL.