Are you looking to replace your air conditioner in Winter Haven, FL? The winter months can be especially harsh when it comes to AC repair and replacement. Having the proper preparation and purchase of a new system will ensure that you are well-equipped for any weather systems that may come through Central Florida this season.
In this blog post, we will explore exactly what needs to be done before and during an AC installation or replacement in Winter Haven, FL, from scheduling an appointment and assessing your current equipment to selecting the best energy-efficiency unit for your home. Let’s get started!
1. Schedule an Appointment: The first step in preparing your home for an AC replacement is scheduling a service appointment. With the influx of summer months and hurricane season, it’s important to schedule any repairs or replacements as soon as possible – many contractors are likely booked out far in advance.
2. Evaluate Your Needs: You’ll also want to make sure all of your needs are evaluated prior to installation. This can include assessing the size of the unit you need (as oversized or undersized systems can cause significant issues) as well as researching efficient options such as Energy Star-rated models that will help you save money on your energy bills.
3. Get the Proper Permits: In some cities, building permits are required for AC installation and replacement, so make sure you check with your local government to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed prior to work being done on your home.
4. Prepare Your Home: Since the weather in Winter Haven can be unpredictable at times, it’s important to take precautions when installing a new system – this includes sealing doors, windows, and vents to help maintain proper airflow and temperature control within the home. Additionally, any furniture or other items near where the unit will be installed should be moved out of the way to allow for safe and easy installation.
5. Purchase a New System: Now that you’ve scheduled an appointment and prepped your home for installation, it’s time to purchase a new system. Be sure to do your research on different models and select one that meets all of your needs – from energy efficiency to filter types – before making a purchase.
By following the steps outlined above, you can ensure a smooth and successful AC installation or replacement in Winter Haven, FL this winter season! At Integrity Refrigeration and A/C, we provide top-of-the-line repair, maintenance, and installation services as well as AC repair emergency in Winter Haven, FL. Contact us today at 863-557-4608 to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment!