In the colder months, many homeowners find themselves dealing with refrigerator repair issues. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to help prevent these problems from happening in the first place. Keep reading for six helpful tips on refrigerator repair in Winter Haven, FL.
1. Check the seals around your doors and windows. Make sure they’re tight and free of any gaps. If you find any openings, seal them up with weather-stripping or caulk.
2. Inspect your refrigerator’s coils regularly. Clean them if necessary to prevent ice buildup. Furthermore, be sure to vacuum the area around your fridge to prevent dust and dirt from accumulating on the coils.
3. Adjust the temperature settings on your fridge. During the winter, you may need to set it a bit higher than usual to prevent food from freezing.
4. Keep an eye on your fridge’s door gaskets. If they become cracked or damaged, they can cause warm air to enter the fridge, causing food to spoil. Also, keep your fridge away from heat sources. Don’t put it next to an oven or space heater.
5. If you’re going to be away from home for an extended period, unplug your fridge and prop the door open slightly. This will prevent food from spoiling while you’re gone.
6. Schedule regular maintenance appointments with a qualified refrigerator repair technician. This will help keep your fridge in good working condition and can prevent minor problems from becoming major ones.
If you follow these tips, you can help avoid costly refrigerator repairs this winter. However, if you do find yourself in need of repair services or commercial refrigeration installation in Winter Haven, FL, be sure to call on a qualified professional.
The team at Integrity Refrigeration and A/C is here to help. We offer comprehensive appliance repair and refrigeration service in Winter Haven, FL, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today at 863-557-4608 to schedule a service appointment. We look forward to helping you keep your fridge running smoothly all winter long!