As the weather starts to cool down, you might be thinking about putting your air conditioner away for the winter. But before you do, there are a few things you should do to prepare your AC services for the winter months. By taking a few simple steps, you can help ensure that your AC will be ready to go when the warmer weather arrives.
1. Clean the unit: One of the most important things you can do to prepare your AC for winter is to clean the unit. This will help remove any dirt and debris that could potentially damage the unit during storage. Be sure to use a gentle, non-abrasive cleaner when cleaning your AC.
2. Cover the unit: Once you’ve cleaned the unit, you’ll want to cover it to protect it from the elements. Choose a cover that is durable and breathable to allow air to circulate.
3. Store the unit in a dry, protected place: It’s important to store your AC in a dry, protected place during the winter months. This will help prevent any moisture from damaging the unit.
4. Check the unit before use: Before you start using your AC again in the spring, be sure to check it for any signs of damage. If you notice any problems, be sure to have them repaired before using the unit.
5. Schedule routine maintenance: One of the best ways to prepare your AC for the winter months is to schedule routine maintenance. This will help ensure that the unit is running properly and can help prevent any potential problems.
6. Disconnect the power: Before you store your AC for the winter, be sure to disconnect the power. This will help prevent any accidental damage to the unit.
7. Safeguard wires and pipes: If you have any exposed wires or pipes, be sure to safeguard them before storing your AC. This will help prevent any damage to the unit during storage.
8. Add additional insulation: If you live in a colder climate, you may want to add additional insulation to your AC unit. This will help keep the unit warm during the winter months and can help prevent any damage.
By following these simple steps, you can help prepare your AC for the winter months. By taking care of your unit now, you can help ensure that it will be ready to use when the warmer weather arrives. Integrity Refrigeration and AC is a leading provider of air conditioning and refrigeration services in Winter Haven, FL. We offer a wide range of services to meet your needs, including AC repair, installation, and maintenance.
Contact us today at 863-557-4608 to learn more about our services or to schedule a consultation.