It can be tough to keep your home cool during the summer months. Here are 8 tips to help you stay comfortable and save money on your energy bill.
1. Use Fans to circulate air: Are you using your ceiling fans correctly? In the summer, you should run your fans counterclockwise to push cool air down from the ceiling. This will help circulate the air in your home and make it feel cooler.
2. Keep windows and doors closed: During the hottest hours of the day, keep your windows and doors closed to prevent hot air from coming in. Once the temperature outside has cooled down, you can open up your windows and doors to let in some fresh air.
3. Schedule AC services: Don’t wait until your air conditioner breaks down to get it serviced. Schedule an AC tune-up before the summer starts so that your AC is running at peak efficiency.
4. Use an air conditioner sparingly and set it at a higher temperature: Your air conditioner is one of the biggest energy hogs in your home. Use it sparingly and set the temperature at 78 degrees or higher to save money on your energy bill.
5. Consider a whole-house fan: A whole-house fan can cool your home for a fraction of the cost of running an air conditioner. If you live in a climate with mild summers, a whole-house fan may be all you need to keep your home cool.
6. Use window treatments: Window treatments can help keep the sun out and the heat from entering your home. Heavy curtains or blinds can make a big difference in keeping your home cool.
7. Take advantage of natural ventilation: If the weather is cool enough, open up your windows and doors to let in some fresh air. This will help circulate the air in your home and keep it from feeling stuffy.
8. Insulate your home: Attic insulation and weather-stripping around doors and windows can help keep the heat out and the cool air in.
Follow these tips to keep your home cool this summer without breaking the bank.
What Is The Best Time To Schedule AC Services?
If you live in an area like Winter Haven, FL, you know the importance of having a reliable air conditioner. You also know that your AC unit needs regular maintenance to keep it running properly. But what is the best time to schedule AC services?
The answer may surprise you – the best time to schedule AC services is actually in the springtime. Here’s why:
1. Spring is the best time to get your AC unit serviced because it’s before the busy summer season. This means that you’re more likely to be able to schedule a service appointment at a time that’s convenient for you, rather than being forced to schedule around the technician’s availability.
2. Spring is also the best time to get your AC unit serviced because it’s before the hot summer weather. This means that the technician will be able to work on your unit without having to worry about the heat affecting their equipment or causing them to overheat.
3. Finally, spring is the best time to get your AC unit serviced because it’s before the peak AC season. This means that the technician will be able to focus on your unit and make sure that it’s running properly, rather than being rushed and trying to service multiple units at once.
So there you have it – the best time to schedule AC services is actually in the springtime. So if your unit needs a tune-up, make sure to schedule an appointment with your AC technician early in the season.
Integrity Refrigeration & AC has been providing quality AC repair and maintenance services to the residents of Winter Haven, FL for several years. We’re a family-owned and operated business, and we pride ourselves on our customer service and satisfaction.
We’re available 24/7 for all your AC needs, so give us a call today at 863-557-4608!